Friday, August 01, 2008

"Why are you crying? Is something wrong?", I asked ME.

ME answered with another question, "Should there always be something wrong for a person to cry?"

"Does that mean you're happy then?", I asked again.

"Well, maybe. I'm not sure. I just found myself crying. But it sure feels good to have my eyes washed with a few tears." ME countered wiping at her face.

I frowned a little. ME is probably just a little sad or melancholic.

"Do you want to go out for a pizza?" I know ME can hardly refuse an offer of great pizza. But this time she begged off.

"I don't feel like going out even for a pizza.", ME said turning away. "I'll just lie down a bit or sleep this off. Thanks for asking, anyway."

"You're welcome. Just call me if you're feeling better. We'd get that pizza some other day."

"Okay. See you later." ME is halfway to her room already.

I looked on after ME has closed the door. I wonder "Could it be about her life again? Why can't she just take it as it is? Life isn't always fair and the sooner ME accepts that, the better off she'll be."

I stood to get my coat and headed for the door. I'd probably get that pizza by myself after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home