Saturday, August 23, 2008

Same ground

How could we be on the same ground when we are poles, worlds, galaxies apart?

Why do I engage in self-denial when I should know better now?

Who can tell when I’m ready to be myself again?

Do I feel bad about what happened? Am I still bitter?

Alternately, I feel at ease and in pain. Alternately, I am found and lost. Alternately, I find my heart free and held captive. Alternately, I live as I die and die as I live.

Will this ever come to pass? How soon can I expect my redemption?

Why can’t I be the old person that I was? Why can’t I be wiser as I am older?

So much question to answer, so little time to dwell on them. So little will to direct the heart that’s gone feeble.

It is a wonder when inspiration strikes and makes me able to write as I used to.

I’ve waited for this moment to come, waited long and impatiently at that.

Then here it is now. Inspired or bored by a song I am listening to, the important thing is I am able to write again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home