Monday, August 03, 2009

why I love the rain

When I was younger I often ask people what they prefer between a rainy day and a sunny day. Most of them would answer a sunny day, of course. Then I’d say I prefer a rainy day. They’d say the rains make most of them gloomy and limit the activities that they can do. I’d say I still prefer the rains over sunshine. The next question from them is naturally ‘Why?’. Then I’d answer, some of my most wonderful memories are associated with rains.

Of those people I’ve asked, very few of them know that my preference for rains over sunshine dates back to 17 years ago. It started with a special friendship. It was the month of August and the middle of the rainy season. We'd be spending hours (possibly long minutes only) together over an activity or an assignment or anything. We'd find reasons to spend time together. And I may not be able to remember every single time that we had fun under the rain, under the same umbrella or under the shed waiting for we know not, but I will always remember the drizzle or the steady downpour of the rain.

And with them, the memory of time well spent. However short or inconsequential those times might have been. They are time with you, one thing I always like going back to. Something I like doing - reminiscing with the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home